Deliver a message for less than the cost of a first-class stamp alone!
Blank postcards are an effective, easy and inexpensive way to send announcements, invoice customers, solicit prospects. By printing postcards in-house, organizations can quickly communicate time-sensitive needs, while saving time and cost. Blank postcards save labor, time, and money because there’s no folding, stuffing, or sealing. No special equipment is required. All that is necessary is a personal computer and ink jet or laser printer or copier. Postcards (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) can be mailed at $0.28 apiece, saving up to 35% on postage expenses. Printing postcards in-house eliminates buying, storing, and printing envelopes.
* Cost of a Four-of-a-Kind™ Postcard Standard White sheet is $0.12 or $0.03 per postcard; Black ink – $0.02 per side x 2 sides = $0.04 per sheet/ 4 postcards per sheet = $0.01 per postcard. Color ink – $0.10 per side x 2 sides = $0.20 per sheet/ 4 postcards per sheet = $0.05 per postcard. Final cost $0.04-$0.08 per postcard plus labor and postage. Postcard postage is $0.28 per postcard, for a total of $0.36 per mailed, color postcard vs. $0.44 for a first-class stamp (only).
Print Professional Magazine’s article ”8 Ways to Design Successful Postcards” provides helpful tips on getting the most bang for your postcard buck. The suggestions cover mailing lists, postcard sizes, personalization, elements, strategies, suggestions, and warnings. Since postcards require the least first-class postage, they can be one of the least expensive mailers.
1. Postcards are the lowest cost item to print and to mail. Postcards can cost as little as 1 to 5 cents
each to print* and are 15 cents cheaper to mail than letters. You don’t need expensive equipment to print
your postcards. An ordinary laser or inkjet printer will serve your needs. Postcards don’t require an envelope,
or additional folding, stuffing, or sealing. Just print, stamp and mail!
2. Postcards can serve as a coupon or a marketing tracking device. Track your campaign by requiring
customers to bring in the postcard coupon or enter an online coupon code. Postcards can extend your
advertising budget by being both a mailer and a coupon, allowing you to measure the effectiveness of
each marketing campaign.
3. Postcards are the smallest piece of mail, often placed on the top of the mail stack. At a standard
size of just 4.25 in. x 5.5 in., the postal carrier will most likely place postcards at the top of the stack to
avoid it being lost. Using colored postcards will allow your message to stand out even more. Put information
on both sides of the postcard to maximize exposure.
4. Postcards are more likely to be read than other types of mail or advertising media. Postcards are
quick reads. The average person will read a postcard even when they’ll throw other types of direct mail
advertising away. Printed photos or colored postcards really grab attention.
5. Blank Postcards can be printed in any quantity desired (no waste!). Order in bulk to take advantage of quantity discounts, but only print as many as you need. Save the rest for your next mailing. If you need more, then print more. If you need to make a change to your ad copy, then you won’t have any unused printed postcards lying around. If your sheet yields four postcards, then there is no wasted paper.
*Black ink – $0.02 per side x 2 sides = $0.04 per sheet/ 4 postcards per sheet = $0.01 per postcard. Color ink - $0.10 per side x 2 sides = $0.20 per sheet/4 postcards per sheet = $0.05 per postcard.
If your marketing activity doesn’t include postcards, you’re overlooking a highly effective and very low-cost sales tool. Here are 12 of the many reasons mortgage postcards should be part of your marketing program…
1. Mortgage Postcards Work for Any Business
Postcards can produce all kinds of sales activity for all types of businesses. For example, they can produce web site traffic for online marketers, floor traffic for retail stores, sales leads for direct marketers …and just about any other type of sales activity a business wants.
2. Designing Postcards is Simple and Uncomplicated
Designing an effective postcard is not complicated. It can be as simple as printing your best small ad and sending it to a list of potential prospects. Postcards usually work best when the message is brief and the postcard looks at first glance like a message from friend.
Because postcards are delivered “ready to read”, almost everybody will read it – even people who usually throw out other types of direct mail without opening it.
6. Postcards Produce Fast Results
Because postcards are simple and easy to use – they produce results fast. You can mail postcards within a few days of deciding to use them …and you’ll start getting sales activity 2 or 3 days later.
7. Postcards are effective for Generating Web site Traffic
One of the most effective postcard formats simply lists a few benefits of a product or service on the card and tells the reader to where they can get more information. This makes them ideal for generating traffic to a web site.
8. Postcard Multiply Themselves
Postcards are like small billboards – and they are easy to handle. They often get saved by recipients or passed on to others …providing additional exposure of your advertising message.
9. Markets Can Be Precisely Targeted With Postcards
You can accurately target your best markets by sending postcards only to mailing lists of prospects likely to be interested in what you’re offering …and who also have a history of acting on offers that interest them.
10. Postcard Marketing Results Are Easy To Measure
Postcards normally generate over 90 percent of their total response within 7 to 10 days. This enables you to quickly and accurately evaluate the results of a postcard campaign.
11. Postcards Put You in Control of Your Sales Activity
You can quickly boost (or reduce) your sales activity anytime you want by simply regulating the number of postcards you mail and how often you mail them.
12. Postcards Conceal Your Marketing from Competitors
Most advertising uses mass media where your competitors hear or see what you are doing – and copy it. Postcard marketing is personal. Only you and your prospects are aware of what you are doing.
Postcards may be one of the best kept secrets of modern marketing. They’re highly effective, very low-cost, simple to use …and they work for any business. You’re overlooking a profitable marketing tool if don’t use them.