Here’s how I started a recycling initiative in my office:
1. I located a company and 2 schools near our office that accept mixed paper for recycling.
2. Then, I determined which recycled papers were accepted (office paper, envelopes, phone books, catalogs,
newspapers, junk mail, books, tissue/cereal boxes, etc.).
3. I am the designated person to take the paper for recycling to the location.
4. Next, I put recycling bins at everyone’s desk and in common areas.
5. Finally, I advised staff that I would collect the items at the end of each month and posted a note on each box of the restrictions.